Thursday, July 5, 2018

Are We Having Fun Yet

And, who is having the most fun ?  The Caretaker or the Recipient ?  And, who is the Caretaker and who is the Recipient ?

This all started when I became aware of Feline Environmental Enrichment . Have you ever heard about it ?  So, so, sorry for another question ?   Some scientists and veterinary feline researchers have decided that indoor cats would be happier if their environments were adapted to simulate a more natural setting of stalk-and-pounce as their big cat ancestors encounter in the jungle .  In three days WE (Ivy and Me)  have mastered this new activity. This procedure can help prevent overeating, boredom, and other objectionable behaviors in cats.

Look at all these mice !
When it comes to feeding your cat why serve them human-style in a Bowl?  With this clever feeding system you can place the cat food in the "mice" and hide them around the house.  They look like common prey, stimulating natural hunting and eating patterns.  Your cat will hunt, play, eat and rest until hunger strikes again. 

At the beginning of the learning curve I was thinking that filling and hiding these mice may be more time consuming than I want.  But, when I saw Ivy hunting and playing with the mice before eating the food I changed my mind.  It is quite entertaining and she doesn't look for her food bowl or come to me to be fed.  She even went into her cat carrier to get a mouse, brought it out and then shook it so the food would fall out.  


Additionally, she has been a lot more playful and is more tolerable  of me loving on her.  She is sitting on my lap for longer periods of time before saying "I'm out of here" !


I fill them all at night time and hide them.  In the morning I will see the mice that have been moved and empty.  And, she is not waiting for food when I get up.  It is important to have fresh water for her daily.  I do not see any reason why I would not continue this feeding system.


I have never had an indoor only cat before.  And, recommended cat and dog care have certainly changed through the years.


For now, I think all bases have been covered and taken care of for Ivy and - - - my purse strings are closed !


Love the Special Ones in your life!


Mary

1 comment:

  1. What a cleaver idea for feeding an indoor cat. Is it as hot up your way as it is down here today?

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009