Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Willie Nelson Came To Town

And performed in Concert At The Ironstone Amphitheater which is only one mile from my home in a bucolic area .  The amphitheater sits on a twelve and a half acre destination property .  The major feature is the Ironstone Winery and Vineyards - 17th largest winery in the United States .  In another post I will elaborate on this destination property that includes many interesting  activities like tasting room (of course) jewelry store, museum, gift store, beautiful gardens, wedding/party venues, very large entertainment room with fine art, magnificent pipe organ and high-end professional kitchen to just mention a few .
Ironstone is a magnificent location to spend as much time as you have . During the 25 years that I have lived here, I have had the opportunity to witness the development and evolution of a vision of a hard working family of four generations .


In my last post I mentioned that I would blog about some mischief/vandalism in the neighborhood .  So - - - what does Willie Nelson have to do with it ?  Well, nothing personally,  but his presence and especially his fans contributed to disheartening activity at my home and nearby.

On Sunday morning when I went out my front door, I noticed that my vertical gate was open.  I thought that was strange and with further observation I saw lots of yard waste from my filled barrels that were placed on the opposite side of my driveway inside the fence .  While checking things out a Sheriff drove by and I waved for him to stop.

Allegedly, the Out Of Town visitors for the concert who became mood altered from overzealous partying left their NOTICE of their attendance to our little town by vandalizing MANY HOMES near Main Street which is about one mile from the Amphitheater.


I had six barrels ready to be picked up and two were missing from an obscure location along my front flower bed and the driveway.  One of the barrels was up the street and I did not see the other one.
I proceeded to clean up the yard waste (thankfully it was not smelly household waste) and after looking around I noticed another of my barrels across the street in the flower bed.  I put a red star on the photo.  You can also see more of the yard waste behind a neighbors vehicle.
And, this is what was done to my next door neighbors fence.

I guess there were about 10 homes affected by this irresponsible behavior .  Garden pottery with plants were broken as well as garden furniture and other types of vandalism .

Thankfully, no people or animals were injured or killed .  It could have been a lot worse.  But, what a sad event  and what it says about today's world .  Unfortunately, this is not an isolated event and it seems as though wherever you live your life it is filled with disrespectful and  dishonorable acts.

What happened to the Golden Rule ?   "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I guess this post is a little bit of labor of love .  I had to rewrite it because somehow it disappeared when I had almost finished it yesterday .  Don't you hate when that happens ?????

Until next time !

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that this happened to you and to your town. I agree-what is the matter with people these days?

    Steve and I enjoyed our time at Ironstone a few years ago. The museum was wonderful. I love to see the items from the old west mining days since mining was a big part of my family's livelihood on the other side of the Sierra range and in the White Mountains. We were also lucky enough to be given a private tour of the organ and to hear it being played. Just there are the right time and no one else was interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, thanks for stopping by.Glad you had a great time at Ironstone. My history with Ironstone goes way back as I mentioned. But I didn't take the time to blog about more of my experience. When John Kautz first started his venture in 1989, he was in town a lot. I moved here in 1993 and while participating in Master Gardeners program we had a good relationship. John would buy nurseries (entire lot of plants) to use at Ironstone and offered plants to the Master Gardeners. We were invited to his home in Lodi as well as many times to Ironstone. Some of my plants, especially camellias are from Kautz. And, then in 1995 some time after they opened to the public, my daughter was married there (planned to be in the gardens by the lake) and because it rained the wedding took place in the Caverns! Very interesting experience. The wedding meal in the Alhambra Room was excellent. The venue was affordable because they had justed started doing weddings. All went well. But, the marriage did not !!!

    And, a few years later, my oldest brother (eight years older) came to visit me. It was a very special time because it was one of the few times we had shared time together without others around. He was my favorite sibling! We went to Ironstone and it was so enjoyable. He was an accomplished musician and was certainly impressed with the Pipe Organ. He had the opportunity to sit down and play. Magnificent ! I have photos (somewhere) of the day, one of him with his arms around the the neck of the beautiful wooden sculptured horse in the Tasting Room entrance.

    And through the years, I have been out to Ironstone for many many various events including Toni Bennett Concert with My Special Man. Joy-Joy-Joy!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009