Monday, July 9, 2018

My Daily Daylily Delight

Say that Three Times !

I had no idea that my excitement each morning looking for the most recently blooming Daylily would replicate my morning ritual while the Iris were blooming a couple months ago.  But, here I am nurturing the many Daylily plants in my garden.  I really never  thought about how many I have planted through the years.  And, there are a lot.  Close to 30 different varieties.  For the most part, they were purchased when on sale.  I know the  last four are from a local nursery that went out of business.  And, before that another nursery was having an end of season sale and that was four more purchased.

I have kept the original plant name tags through the years.  And, it has been like a walk through time trying to correctly match the tag to the plant.  So far, there are only a few that I have no idea of the name.

About half of the plants have started to bloom and I have documented eleven with names matching the picture.  This will help me have a history of the Daylilies.  Each of these photos I have taken in my garden during the past few days.











As more flowers open each day, I will add them to this list in another blog post.  So far, I think Pomp and Circumstances is my favorite followed by Persian Market .

I recently realized again the power of working in my garden is that it is a very nice way to live in the moment versus dwelling on unpleasantries of the past.                             
                    Forward Thinking has become my latest term to add to my Mind, Body, Spirit vocabulary !
Whistling my way through my garden (secret-I can't whistle!) listening to my very own tunes.

Today , Smile at someone you don't know !

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I cannot pick just one favorite daylily! They are each beautiful. Some of them look very unusual. Keep the photos coming!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009