Monday, July 16, 2018

Long Time Coming


I have three Agapanthus (Lily of the Nile) plants that I planted many years ago and they have never bloomed.  Of course, they are planted in rocky soil and are located down by the seasonal creek and have not received regular watering or much attention through the years.  However, during the past two years I have put more effort into that area of my gardens.

And, look at them NOW.  WOW-WOW-WOW.
I am really enjoying seeing them with their long spiky stems that makes them more visible from a distance.  And, better yet, they are multiplying with more small plants filling in the area.
The area in the left of the photo is where a lot of the Daylilies are planted. Because of the volume of the rock in the ground, I have always had difficulty  planting deep enough for the plant roots to grow strong.  I keep working on nourishing the ground by adding as much good healthy soil as I can.
The Agapanthus reminds me of when I had many in a garden past .  And, I thoroughly enjoyed making flower arrangements with them.  Another flower that was a favorite of mine for arranging was Bird of Paradise.  The arrangements were somewhat like Japanese Ikebana flower design.  Usually, I used a shallow black round or irregular vase with a spike frog to secure the heavy blossoms .  The black color vase gave it a touch of elegance.  Of course, any color combination can be created .

This arrangement is a little similar. It is an arrangement that I made in springtime 2011 for the church alter when the Daffodils and Stellata Magnolia were in bloom.  Beauty in simplicity !
There are so many creative outlets that I truly miss that were so enjoyable in the past.         New Times - New Adventures !           Onward to enjoyment of opportunities unknown to me at the present time .

It's a new week .  Hope you have some pleasant plans and your weather is conducive to those plans .  The HOT weather continues here in California .  And, the grass fires and wildfires persist in challenging our wonderful firefighters.

Be Safe .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Agapanthus are amazing plants. We have a riparian trail on the next block that belongs to the San Dieguito River Park Reserve. There is a section of the bank that agapanthus have taken over. I think they came from one of the homes above and spread all the way down to the trail over many years. It is beautiful. Oh-these horrible fires! Another one near Yosemite breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009