Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Lots Of To Do List Activity Accomplished And More

It seems like my list gets longer instead of shorter.  And, it probably is.  However, today I am able to take my pen and cross off a few from the list.  First, I have been able to line up a highly recommended professional House Painter to give me an estimate for painting the outside of the house before the end of the year, probably September or October.  I believe preventive maintenance is less expensive in the long run .  And, I hope to be able to take care of this soon and not to wait another year.

Next, on Friday I have an appointment with a new attorney to finish my Will and whatever is appropriate to insure a smooth transfer of any assets .  No, this subject does not trouble me.  I am a realist and when this is finished, I can cross the activity off "the list".  At the beginning of the year I felt compelled to terminate services of the attorney that I was working with at that time.  Even though my assets are very small, it still is important to "take care of business" so that I leave this stage of my life with the best organization  I can.  I was taught to be a perfectionist but in reality, I certainly am not and those trying to teach me certainly were not either .  The fact that I have very few living relatives that I am aware of and almost all are disassociated from me (or I have disassociated from them) it makes it difficult to determine a fiduciary.  Oh, and my closest friends have already passed on.  Hopefully, before long this task will no longer be on the list .

And, I have started my phone calls to try and get a referral to a doctor who can and will help me with the appropriate medical care in a timely fashion .  I guess if I must, I can always try going into the Emergency Room.  But, I certainly hope it does not come to that !  This doctor stuff is crazy like most of the world. 

I like to keep my life as simple as it can be and avoid conflict as much as possible !  It seems like so many people find themselves in a dilemma that they have had very little to do with originally.  Sometimes, life doesn't seem fair.  It sure ain't for the weak !  I am so grateful that I am feeling stronger than I have in a long time and no  longer waste my energy and time spinning my wheels and not finding completion of the necessary tasks .
There are so many weather related events across the USA and world that are impacting the quality of life of so many people .  The summer dry weather here is contributing to the continuation of periodic grass and wildfires .  The Yosemite Fire continues with only partial containment.  These photos are just a few of what we see on TV and newspapers on a regular basis !
There is so much to be thankful for, especially if we are not personally affected by life/world events that are all around us.  Let's not lose sight of how important it is to help when and if we can .  There are a multitude of ways .  Cash is always good but be sure to always insure the safety of the receiving source . 

It is starting to warm up this morning and it is going to be another VERY HOT day, over 100 degrees !

Smile.  It can make someone else happy - - - hopefully.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for taking care of the necessary activities. We are going to be painting the wood trim on our house once again this fall. It will be the 4th time we have painted in 25 years. Some of our neighbors have never painted which amazes me. Houses are the biggest purchase any of us ever make yet some folks let that investment go to rack and ruin! These California fires are awful. We had a very small brush fire about a quarter mile from the house last night which was swiftly put out using water drops from our small lake. Steve and I joined the neighbors at the top of the street to watch the helicopter dip its bucket into the lake and drop the water. After 6 pickups the fire was just about out and the helicopter left. Ground crews finished up in about an hour. Firefighters are our heroes.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009