Friday, July 6, 2018

Not Much Time

I must get out and about today and take care of errands that I have been neglecting to do day after day.  The list is long but importantly, I want to pick up some garden soil and mulch in an effort to start working on healthier soil in the flower beds.  Some are pretty good but others are AWFUL - just clay between rocks !  Frequently, I am amazed that I can grow anything ! I think back to the many gardens in my past that had naturally great soil.  It was heaven and I didn't know it !!

Now, just a couple photos of a new project that I have wanted for a long time.  It's a Blue Bottle Tree. I have had a nice small wine bottle holder for in the house that I haven't been using so let's put it in the garden.
It is hanging from a Shepherd's Hook that I have used for windchimes or hummingbird feeders in the past.
I like it.  The metal design is so nice but I would like it taller with more bottles.  In reality the blue color is brilliant among all the greenery and whatever is blooming in the White Garden.
The Gladiolus and Hydrangeas are starting to bloom.  They are so pretty.
 More and more Gardenias.
Double White Hollyhocks
Everything is growing so well.  Sorry I can not take a nice panoramic photo.
The Fig tree is huge !  And, loaded with fruit.  August is usually the time they can be harvested.
Sometimes it is hard to believe that I have planted all these plants.  And, usually only One Gallon plant size to start.   Hard work but lots of fun and gratification. No master plan,  just creativity at the moment !

That's it for today . Gotta Run !

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009