Friday, September 20, 2019

It Is Happening

A few more days and my house will be painted the colors of my inspirational photo .
(google image)
The colors chosen are Chickadee (yellow) and Bodega Bay (blue) .  It is next to impossible to show you the real colors on the monitor .  But , this will give you the idea .  The house color is the yellow and there will be shutters and front door in blue .
The painter and his assistant have been wonderful workers . I can't say enough good things about them .  It is so refreshing to have quality service .  The assistant who is 18 years old is being trained and he is one of the nicest teenagers you could ever find .
We have had a lot of fun with the people who have walked by and commented .  I think I may have a name for my house even though I wasn't looking for one !  The talk has been that it is a happy color !  What about "The Happy House" ?  Can you see that on a little discreet sign at the front .  Many houses in the neighborhood have been named by the owners and have little signs !

Today the shutters and front door are being painted . 😊
It's getting pretty exciting around here ! I am really liking the color combination . What do you think?
This is where some of the neighborhood noise is coming from .  I am not sure what their end goal is !  It looks like they are removing some of the existing rock that is natural for this area .
In this photo of the front of my house you can see the size of the boulders that were moved into their current location when the house was built 46 years ago . I think they are a nice border around the corner lot and they have been quite a "conversation piece !
And look at the size of those tree stumps they have already removed .  A few weeks ago they removed a lot of very large and old trees . Look at that equipment !  That has got to be the "Big Daddy" of all jack-hammers !
Hope your Weekend is a Good One .

Mary

2 comments:

  1. What a truly happy color,, It’s even more beautiful than I had imagined. Can hardly wait to see the final project.




    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009