Monday, September 16, 2019

Why Is There So Much Noise

The noise in my little corner of the world has been unbelievable lately .  How can that be when I live in a "quiet (most of the time) little country town" ?  Yesterday (Sunday) morning I was awakened with very very loud "air traffic" above my house . Helicopters were circling above and seemed to be quite low .  On Saturday there was a similar situation about five miles north at a Residential Gated-Community that prompted lots of questions on social media.  Reportedly , the air traffic is PG&E (Pacific, Gas and Electric) who are surveying the power lines throughout the area . I have heard the helicopters in the past, but not this intensely.  California has certainly responded to the serious need for fire prevention !

And, if you follow my blog you most likely know that there has been an overabundance of tree cutting with chain saws and wood chippers .  Soon the pile of logs across the street will be split and the power equipment will be screaming some more !

And, to add insult to injury ,  three houses down my street the jack-hammers have been working for days removing a cement foundation !

HELP, HELP my ears are hurting !!!  No , not really . 
The Clematis on the fence is in full bloom . Such a beautiful  sight .

This has been the strangest day !  Earlier this morning the Painter left me a message that he won't be able to paint today because his mother passed away this morning .  And , twenty minutes ago while the sun was shinning it started raining very heavy and doesn't look like it is going to stop soon .

And , I think I will stop now and return another day !

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry your ambience has been disrupted by unusual noise. The clematis is huge and so lovely. Does it have a fragrance? Hopefully your painter will return shortly to finish the job.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009