Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Morning Invasion

In the morning after I am dressed I frequently walk around my house with a cup of coffee surveying what the new day may bring .  My house is surrounded with a nice sidewalk next to the foundation that makes for a nice little stroll and look see of the garden .

This morning there were many black hawks flying low just above the roof .  I don't think I have ever seen hawks that close .  However, it is not unusual to see hawks flying above in the sky most days .  With closer observation I could see at least ten hawks on the roadway in front of the neighbors house .  I was looking against the sun and did not want to scare them away . When I returned from getting my camera there were even more hawks and they were moving about very quickly  jumping and fighting over road kill .

I took some photos but they are very poor quality but the best I could do .
They were very serious about what they were doing  and there were lots of full wingspans as they were fighting - over breakfast ?  With closer inspection  I was happy to see that it WAS NOT a neighborhood cat or dog !
The quiet early morning was awakened with a little neighborhood squabble !!!

Living in the country brings nature closer to your doorstep.

Oh, the painter finished today .  Photos coming soon .

Happy Day to Everyone .

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009