Thursday, September 26, 2019

Eighty Of Them

It is difficult to really believe that I actually would need eighty candles for my Birthday cake today if I was going to have a Cake !
Maybe, it would look something like this !
 
Not like many women, birthdays have never been an issue for me .  I don't know why .  Maybe, I was very busy doing my best and trying to get from one day to another !   I don't think it had anything to do with the fact that I am a twin !  However, it is quite sad that my twin brother and I were never close .  And, now he is the only living relative that I have other than my adult children and  granddaughter.  Much to my disappointment my life journey did not include much family activity and no extended family .  My childhood family members were not the least bit close !  My brothers did not like each other and did not enjoy going home to be with family.  I do not remember many celebrations of any kind through the years .  Just because I do not remember does not mean that there weren't any.

The family did not get together very often and reminisce and make more and new memories .  I think a lot of memories come from those reminiscing times and family reunions.  Through the years I have been blessed with many wonderful friends .  But, now they have passed on .

Well, that is that !!!  And now I am going to focus on the tremendous blessings I live with day after day !   And, I may go downtown to one of our nice restaurants and enjoy a Birthday Dinner Celebration for myself .  Happy Birthday To Me .  Life is Good .
May your days be filled with love of friends and family .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday dear friend Mary! Steve and I have been on a short holiday to Gettysburg for the last week. I am enjoying catching up on all the adventures and news in your life since we have been away.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009