Saturday, September 14, 2019

Do You Remember This Oleander Hedge

- - -  And How it met it's demise?  See Oleander Hedge .
Eventually, the hedge was cut down to the ground .  The growth that was starting to grow was looking quite unsightly with lots of bare branches .  
So I decided to have all of them cut down to the ground on both sides of the gate .  



If they didn't grow I would deal with it - - - perhaps consider an attractive fence of some sort ???





But much to my surprise and delight , WOW , look at them now ! Every single plant is growing nicely and looking strong and healthy .

It amazes me how healthy they are .  I had a little issue with the one side getting aphids .  But, I think they did not like the water I was giving them .  So , I stopped all watering of all of them .  And, with a little organic spray the aphids no longer are a problem .
It will be nice to get a privacy hedge again .  They are growing fast.  A couple of them have even started to bloom .  I took this photo today and you can see some of the newly painted garage .  It should be completed in a few days .  I am anxiously awaiting to see the blue shutters !
And - - - yes, yes, yes , the CORRECT tree across the street was cut down ! There will be a lot of wood for people who still use a wood burning fireplace .
The weather this weekend has been lovely .  There is no question about it , FALL is definitely visiting.  Hope you enjoy your weekend .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Oleanders, like lantana, take a heavy trim really well! We battle aphids on our hibiscus down here all summer long. Between spraying them off with water and using a diluted soapy water solution on the leaves, we are able to keep them somewhat at bay. The glimpse of the house is wonderful! I can't wait to see the full effect of the fresh paint!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009