Saturday, September 5, 2020

A New Pretty For My Patio Wall

I have had this "Lovely" for quite a time . But , just now getting it up on the wall .  The shading of the colors seems somewhat unique and to my liking . 
And , it is a nice 16 inch size .

Not much going on for me today even though it is the start of the Holiday Weekend . But , that's not new for me , now is it ? And , with the pandemic a lot of people are staying home . At least I hope they are . Because that is where they belong as far as I am concerned !!! The weather is starting to get very hot as forecast .  Oh , Am I ever happy that my air conditioner is working in good order .
The veggie garden is still put - putting along .  The acorn squash has some blossoms .  And look at those large leaves . They are huge !
 And , there are a few more tomatoes .  But , not much to get very excited about .

I am far from certain about planting any veggies next year . And if I do , I plan to empty the raised bed of all the soil and place a weed barrier at the bottom prior to replacing good fresh soil with nutrients .  If I follow through with that idea , I will definitely have to find someone to do it for me .  From what I understand , the fact that the area is filled with old and large trees , the raised bed is saying to all the tree roots "come on over - the soil is nice and rich and moist and you will like it over here".  And , that may be the reason for the copious amount of roots which are competing with my young vegetable roots when I plant in the spring time !

The end of the gardening season is drawing near and there are a lot of tasks I would like to be able to do .  One of the major tasks is to separate and replant  lots of the Iris . Especially , in the White Garden .  Speaking of the White Garden - The Fig Tree is huge this year after my severe trimming last year .  BUT , there are very few figs this year which is very unusual .  However , the ones I have eaten are very plump and sweet .

One of the many wonders of gardening .  You never know what the garden is going to be like from year to year . And, you can be sure there will be a few challenges and queries without an answer .

Wishing you an Enjoyable Holiday Weekend .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I suspect it is normal for a heavily pruned tree to put all its energy into growth instead of flowering and fruiting. We had to perform a serious prune on our large plumeria due to freeze damage and all we have this blooming season are leaves-no fragrant flowers. I have high hopes for next year. Isn't this heat horrible?

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009