Friday, September 18, 2020

Where Are The Females

 Look at all of these handsome Male Blossoms on my Acorn Squash!

They are falling off the the vine by the way side left and right just waiting for some ladies to pollinate with . I'm learning that it is not unusual for the first blossoms which are male to drop off .  Squash plants have both male and female blossoms growing on the same plant . The squash plant will produce more blossoms and supposedly will be a mix of female and male blossoms . The male guys will still drop off and the gals will grow into squash !

Another reason for no squash (which I think is the culprit) is lack of pollinating insects such as honeybees . I haven't seen any bees in my garden for months ! Nor have I seen any bumble bees since spring time .This has been becoming a problem in the US for quite some time now . I guess it's a tossup as to what the results will be with my squash .
The Zucchini Squash continues to slowly produce one squash after another giving me just enough time to cook or bake with , when it gives me another squash .  So well behaved !
A little Friday night cooking for ME.
Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
That's Ooey Gooey Mozzarella cheese and a delightful seasoned rub on the Chicken . Along with Royal Blend Rice that is Texmati, White, Brown, Wild and Red Rice . Texmati is a hybrid between basmati and regular long grain rice .  

Oh , and the Parsley is from my garden . 😀

Wish you could join me for dinner .  We will have Wine too !

Hope your weekend goes well .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I also buy that particular brand of rice. I like to mix it with normal brown rice and white rice for Steve's favorite chicken rice casserole. Your garden pictures are always so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009