Thursday, September 24, 2020

The Changing Season

The mornings are brisk with the thermometer reading around sixty and the freshness of a new day is invigorating especially following the preceding months of unimaginable dreadful weather conditions.  In the last few days we have been given air quality that begs for taking a nice deep breath of fresh air.

The colors in the garden are dramatically changing to clothe the bright greens with gradual shades of amber .
This sight from my dining room window of this Euonymus Alatus - "Burning Bush" slowly transforming into a bright crimson red is always the first harbinger of Fall .  And, it is the first sight that greets me in the morning when I open the curtains .  There is something about it that always brings excitement to my day and puts a pep in my step .

I have noticed a small seedling at the base of the plant and I think it is suitable for transplanting !  Now , I just have to decide where to plant it so that it will get lots of sun like "the mother plant" .

Not long ago I tossed some Zinnia seeds haphazardly in a sunny spot with not much thought if they would bloom this late in the season .  And , what a lovely surprise .  I know their reputation is note worthy and many bloggers have spoken of their bright cheerfulness !  And - - - now I have some of that cheerfulness .

WOW ! About the time I think I have the new Blogger format figured out , I get slapped in the face with total frustration !  I am finding that there are quite a few websites available that I find are helpful.  Https://too-clever-by-half.blogspot.com/ helps me in moving images around !! Thought I would share .

Wishing you smooth Blogging .

Mary 

3 comments:

  1. The weather has turned down here as well. Cooler nights, lots of fog, then sunny, warm and dry in the afternoon. My zinnias are fading fast now which means I need to make a run to the nursery to replace them with pansies, snapdragons and violas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 75 and just found your blog! Such an inspiration!
    I was raised in Bishop, California and ended up in Central Texas (53 years ago) after marrying a Seabee from Port Hueneme, Cali.
    Gardening & beautiful flowers I love to read about!
    Your blog is now on my daily read list!
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you to stop by. It makes me happy that you enjoy my blog. Have a great day. Blessings

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009