Saturday, September 26, 2020

Just Another Day

Or is it ?

Do you see anything different in the above Blog Header below the photo that says - Life Is Good ?

Well , first off , life is really good even when it is difficult . You already know that perspective is my new found gift ! The reoccurring thought that I think of almost the moment that I awaken each day is my gratitude to have lived to this age and finally found who I am .  And I like it and I like her !!! WOW , now that is a huge statement coming from me .

As with most people , life is filled with many bumps and bruises in the travels . I have had my fair share and then some .  Life has been very far from what I could ever have anticipated .  Much , much more difficult than beyond my thoughts .  Especially , after I became a single parent . It was so frightening!  I was so alone in such a big world that was far more complex than my "little mind" could sort out .

Even though I have fallen severely hard to the ground and really really struggled to regain my balance , my inner self apparently trusted that there was more for me in the future that was worth pushing onward to explore .  And , here I am , very grateful to be alive and have been given the beautiful opportunity to be ME and more  expectedly , have more days on my Life Calendar .

In my exploration of my life , issues have been tossed upside down and every which way in an effort to understand and make sense of it .  The benefit of that dissection has been the comfort of truly understanding that so much has been out of my control and what matters is how I respond to circumstances .  It did not matter how hard I tried "to fix things" .   It did not make a difference .  I now know that I did my best and  no longer have to take responsivity for what wasn't mine !  

For being a person who has been very private and protective of self ,  who never kept a diary or a journal for fear it wasn't safe it amazes me that "I Am A Blogger".  And , for more than 10 years !  It has gently pushed me to be more transparent and trusting that what I have to say, really does have some merit !  I guess I didn't think my thoughts and ideas were valid enough and I may be ridiculed if anyone were to see my thoughts "out loud" .  But , here I am telling you lots of stuff about me , my thoughts , my ideas and my aspirations for my future .

The feeling of being cool within myself - is priceless .

So, what is different about today ?  It is My Birthday

Yes , yes , yes - I Am A Year Older - Really Old .  

81 - - - Can you count them ?  Oh, don't bother . I think they are all there !
(google image)

Thank you for being a part of my incredible journey .  The remainder will be just "icing on the cake" !

Mary



1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday dear friend Mary. I hope your day was full of good things.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009