Monday, September 7, 2020

Another Outdoor Project

Someone stop me before I become certifiable ("officially recognized as needing treatment for mental disorder") ! But , we already know - I've already been there !😃😃😃

I think these end of season sales got a hold of me by the tail ("difficult to escape") !

But , Oh well , like I said - it keeps me off the streets .

Photo taken ten years ago.
I have a lovely climbing white rose - New Dawn - that has been a profuse grower spreading hither and yon in an area that has been difficult for me to get to and keep pruned when necessary . It is planted near my Blue Bottle Tree .  The rose has been very tenacious and even produced a lot of beautiful new growth when I cut it to the ground thinking that maybe it would "just give up" . Yes , that means die . Oh , the horror of me !  I considered transplanting The Rose but the base is about six inches across. So , The Rose is here to stay .

It was not long ago that I noticed something that might be a good addition to my garden .  And , it was a good price for me .  It is made of vinyl and appeared to be easy to assemble and the reviews were good by previous customers .
Today's delivery services for this area have been very unpredictable and it arrived early evening on Saturday . Consistent with my typical behavior - got to it . The project is completed and I am very happy with the results .
I think it will work out fine and help me to keep its rampart growth in control .  Can you see how the new growth is looking good creeping up the trellis ?
And , the loveliness of the plush white roses behind the bottles should give nice framing .
In the spring/ summer time when the Iris , Dayliles and Guara are in boom at the ground level it will look nice , I think .
Now , look at this photo that I took early Sunday morning .  The actual view that I saw showed the sun , bright red , yes red , not white .  I took several shots and they all looked the same .  What I was looking at was a Bright Red Sun and a Bright Clear White sky . What a surprise when I processed the photo !
Well , we are loosing our electricity at 9 PM tonight because of forecast high wind and Fire Danger here in California.  Hopefully , electricity will resume by Wednesday night .  Life is certainly different !

But , listen , I am on my way to take a Jacuzzi Spa Bath .  I should use the tub more even though it takes a lot of water .

No more garden projects . I promise . No more end-of-season sales .

Take Care .

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how the rose responds to the trellis. I don't grow roses in my yard but I do appreciate them in other people's yards. I bet that tub felt wonderful. Hopefully your generator kicked in when the power switched off. These fires are just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seeing your garden projects and admire the way you just get to it! I hope the fires are soon controlled. Such devastation. Here on Vancouver Island we are experiencing the smoke from Washington State's fires.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009