Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Who Is This

This is my kitchen Helper or maybe I should say Supervisor . Doesn't she look like she is in charge like a Supervisor in this photo ?

I have always had this one bar stool near or at the end of the kitchen counter . Several weeks ago , my roommate (aka - Ivy) started showing up on the stool whenever I was working in the kitchen . It didn't matter what I was doing .  Maybe fixing my morning coffee or washing dishes . She is so quiet and sometimes I didn't even notice her and it surprised me .   She just sits there and watches , not even meowing . She is such a sweetheart !

I have now started giving her some afternoon treats when she is sitting on the stool .  But , she doesn't beg for her treats throughout the day.  So sweet and and easy to care for . I found a winner !!!  Just needed some TLC and I have a lot of that to give her !

Ivy has become a cat who wants to be where ever I am .  No longer hiding or sleeping in the other room , hissing and biting . In the evening when I am more stationary in the living room she is always nearby .  And , when I approach her she starts to purr .  I think it was about a year after she came to live with me before I ever heard her Purr !  And , you all probably know how comforting the sound of a cat purring can be .

Remember , in April 2018 when Ivy found her "forever home" with me.  Probably not.  Well , because of her behavior I was quite sure she was hearing impaired . The Vet thought so to , maybe .  When he would make a noise that a cat would normally respond to she would not have any response .  And , of course he tried it more than once during her appointment . Well , two and a half years later , my opinion has changed . THIS CAT IS NOT DEAF .  She comes when I call her from the other room (even in a very soft voice) and now has all the normal responses to environment noises that would be expected . I truly believe that she was so traumatized from her first six years of life and her hearing impairment/behavior was part of her defense system for survival .  It seems that it took at least two years for her to feel completely comfortable and safe in her "forever home" .

If you can't tell , she means the world to me .  Just , another special creature in the form of a kitty cat bringing me comfort and joy like so many of my pets before .

Yes , I baked a cake - for Saturday .
 

Hug Your Pets .

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Miss Ivy is just adorable. I can see why you love her so much. And she obviously loves you back. I noticed that cake right off!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009