Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Love The Sound Of Flowing Water In The Garden

I am working on putting in a little fountain on my patio . I have always enjoyed the sound of water flowing in the garden with its soothing sounds .

The end of summer sales are in place and I was drawn toward this small outdoor fountain .  So , I ordered it and now was the time to install it .

So , yesterday I set it up , down the steps from the patio and I liked it . The water flows nicely and it has a light inside of it if you want it on after dark . It gives a lovely ambiance .
But , then I thought , I would rather have it in the patio area so I can enjoy it when I am sitting on the patio .  That is something I am trying to do more of .  Sitting !  I am not particularly good at sitting when I can see so many things in the garden that need attention .  Of course , if I was enjoying a glass of wine with someone that would be a very different situation .
So , to work I went .  By now we all know that I am a bit crazy !!!!!
I had to make room for it to sit in the corner . Ya , it took some "pick and shovel" work .  Throughout the day I  would work a little , then I would rest a little , then work a little more , then work on something else and then back to the fountain !!
The rock wall on the one side of my patio is a nice feature .  These old photos can  give you an idea .  As you can see the next photo was taken during a hail storm a few years back . But , isn't that a nice wall for a patio ?
OK now , are you ready ?  Much to my own surprise ,  at 8 PM this is what I had accomplished !!

Isn't this great ?  Can you see the water falling over the edges beneath the light ?  It really looks great and sounds so nice , too .

Not sure what kind of mischief I will get into next . But, it does "keep me off the streets and out of trouble" .

Happy September . We are still getting a lot more hot weather . In the 90's and Sunday is forecast for 105 degrees .

Be Happy , Be Safe , Be Well .

Mary

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous fountain you found! I bet it sounds wonderful and it looks so pretty. There is nothing like the sound of water falling to calm your spirit. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project. I'm impressed that you did it by yourself. I do enjoy the sound of trickling water and hopefully we'll get a fountain one day,too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you see me waving my arm to be the one who joins you for a glass of wine on the patio???? Pick me! Pick me! Your fountain is just perfect. Be careful in the heat this weekend. It will be broiling hot down here as well.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009