Sunday, November 29, 2015

Finished Fall Tablescape

I always enjoy creating these vignettes. This time I was not able to give it the uninterrupted attention as in the past. But, it was still fun except that by the time I was ready to take photos the lighting (evening) was miserable. If you adjust the angle of your monitor it is easier to see some of the detail in the very dark colors. Just a thought. Also, clicking on the image helps.
I find that I like this black and white photo for a change.
This is a quite old Johnson Bros. England  dishware  pattern, Winsor Ware GARDEN BOUQUET. According to a little research, the dinnerware features a luxurious, vibrant design of multi-colored flowers blooming from the center of each piece. And, I found this next fact very interesting. The Windsor Ware is made of “white granite”, an earthenware that looks like China but has greater durability, and was developed by the Johnson Brothers.
I was initially going to use white chrysanthemums from my garden in the centerpiece but two rainstorms altered my plans.
So I went out to the garden and found some Dusty Miller stems. Not quite as good contrast but it works.
Well, that was fun. And, I did not go out and buy anything new for my Fall Tablescape! That's the way it has to be and it works for me.
One of those Irish Coffees from my recent post would go nicely with the color scheme. And, sure would taste good on this chilly evening.

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving Weekend.

Mary

5 comments:

  1. The table looks lovely. I especially love the lace with the burlap. Your dishware works perfectly with the overall look. And I bet that candle smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it. I think "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" certainly holds true with tablescapes. There is no expiration date on our pretty treasures.

      Delete
  2. How gorgeous and what fun it must be to create a tablescape as lovely as this! Not only is the Garden Bouquet pattern so pretty, but I absolutely love how you brought the outdoors in as part of your decorations. I actually really like the Dusty Miller stems among the golden ornaments and pine cones - they give your centerpiece such a lovely contrast. Besides, I use a lot of Dusty Miller plants in my flowerbeds way over here in my little northeast part of the world! Something that is very unique and a quite a nice touch is how you arranged the napkins inside the glassware. I think it's great you were able to do this all from what you already own! Your tablescape turned out just beautiful, and looks so inviting.... :) I've enjoyed browsing your blog and look forward to visiting again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly. Yes, I really enjoy using outdoor elements in design. You are so right, the lacy edges of the dusty miller sure adds that little something different to the overall picture. That's what I like about how nature and life can direct a person in a different way than expected. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  3. It's all so very pretty and such detail in everything! I do love the dusty miller also, but also loved the white mums (too hard to spell the whole flower name!). Love the burlap and lace and your contrasting tablecloth and placemats are so pretty. the gold ornaments add such a glowing touch too. I bet it was fun doing that. I woldn't know where to begin in all of my tubs of Christmas ornaments and stuff still in our garage! I bet it is just gorgeous at night with the candles flickering.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009