Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Heavens Opened And The Raindrops Fell

What wonderful blessings in each and every rain drop. A day and a half of fabulous moisture penetrated our harshly parched land here in the West. Thankfully the snow is falling in the higher elevations starting to rebuild the snowpack that is so important. It was a fairly gentle rain most of the time with some brief periods of heavier downfall. Hopefully, any mudslide,  flooding issues are at a minimum. I can't help but fixate somewhat on the wildfire survivors who are experiencing more and more challenges. Please God, give them strength and solidarity to continue moving forward to a more peaceful, organized, warm and safe lifestyle. And, hopefully a return to some normalcy!
This morning, The Sun is Shining Brightly and everything looks so fresh, bright and shiny outdoors. Before the rains started I was able to do a little transplanting in the garden of some White Iris that I had saved in a few pots as well as Lambs Ear.
This is the White Iris and I do not know the name because it was a "pass-along plant" from one of my neighbors a few years back.
The Iris are going to be spread out through the white garden. I have been concentrating on the White Garden because. I would like to have it filled in for the first time with many plants so there are some white flowers blooming throughout the year.
Many things on my "to do list" today. It is time to get started.

Have a Wonderful Day.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. It seems so strange to me to be able to be planting bulbs and more plants in November! But I did get a few vine maple seedlings from my son's house two days ago and need to get those planted here. Yes the rain was a blessing there I'm sure. We've gotten a little snow in the mountains here too, which is MUCH needed. I bet the white garden will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009