Friday, November 27, 2015

Morning Surprises And The Wonders Of Nature

My little house sits above the neighbors house and this is the view of their property behind their house from one of my windows. Lily and I had a nice surprise as we were side by side looking out the window (as we regularly do) this morning. From that same window we can see the many people taking their morning walks with their dogs or walking to main street ( two short blocks away) to town for maybe some hot coffee. I often see them coming back caring a cup with a little steam drifting in the cold morning air.

Lily and I can spend quite a long time in the morning looking from the window checking out all of natures gifts. The birds may be flitting about, hummingbirds chasing one another, a strolling neighbor's cat, carefree squirrels foraging for acorns, fresh frost on the ground, an emerging rose bud opening and it's always a special occasion when we see the deer! This morning two young fawns were scampering around in circles like they were being chased. And, they came back a second time. Lily knows the word Bambi and will come running (yes, she still is running) to the window to see. In the past, when she has been outside I have seen her nose to nose with a deer through the wire fence. Nature is so remarkable if we take time to be still, look and listen.
This photo was taken a different time but the lighting with the sunshine and diffused lighting is very similar to this mornings beauty.

Lily had a good night and is doing well this morning. It is very difficult to adjust her medications. And, especially difficult to see how happy and healthy appearing she is so much of the time when I know I have to let her go! She is eating, drinking, peeing and pooping as normal. She needs a new heart even though the heart she has is filled with love and sweetness! Every time I think about letting her "go to the the rainbow" I can hardly stand it! I know we are now on borrowed time and I will enjoy every minute of it.

Hope you are having a Good Post Thanksgiving Day.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. You and Lily seem to enjoy so much of what I do here in my cozy home with deer, birds, little critters and beautiful nature all around our home! I know what you mean about letting go.....I cannot even think about losing any of my little babies without tears coming to my eyes! Only God knows the timing of these things, and perhaps Lily will be with you much longer than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly Marie, Thank you. Yes, the future is unknown. Lily had a terrible day again yesterday, but today she is her usual cheerful self with better breathing.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009