Thursday, November 19, 2015

Cousins Have A Special Place In Life

It's so good to have cousins!
I so adore this photo of these darling little ones. This is my Great Grandson walking with his cousin. Their daddies are brothers. And, they live close enough to one another which makes it convenient to visit each other often. Which makes me very happy.

I did not have that gift when I was a child nor thereafter. We lived in California (parents came from Minnesota in 1928 by automobile on their honeymoon to make their home in California)  ALL of our relatives were in the Midwest. I never had any relationships with relatives! My mother had 12 siblings - think of all those cousins!!! And, I never met any Grandparents! 

My immediate family was never close. My three brothers never got along with one another and would fight a lot. And, I always felt very alone even though one of my brothers was my twin. I was isolated from my neighborhood peers and had to go to parochial school through 5th grade and then I refused because the male teacher that taught my class was too interested in me!!!!! During Jr. High and High School I was not allowed to be involved in any extracurricular school activities. And, of course, no movies, dancing etc. I had to do housework and more housework until it was perfect! I moved out after High School, There was a lot of abuse and my oldest brother suffered the worst. In fact, my brothers said later in life that our parents never should have had children, especially my father. Two of my brothers never had children for fear they would not be good parents. Well, I guess I gave you a peephole into the history of my life! As it is said, it could have been worse - I guess - Yes, it could.

Needless, to say, this dynamic had profound negative effect on my two children. It is so important in my opinion to have love and healthy role models especially as children. After divorce I found a way to move to the north from the south part of the state of California. I was like a "bird out of of a cage"!

Onward to "the cousins". I posted this next photo previously but I just have to do it again. I love it so. It looks like she has full confidence that the "big boy cousin" will remedy the dilemma. Pretty good problem solving skills - don't you think?
I sure hope these little ones appreciate these photos when they are older. And, I hope they will value the beauty of relationships within families.

Thank you for sharing with me the good, the bad and the ugly.

Take care of one another.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009