Thursday, November 26, 2015

Give Thanks

The Big Day has arrived and there is lots of frost on the ground this morning, Our California temperatures have dropped the lowest for the season, below 30 degrees. It is brisk outside, however, there also is beautiful sunshine and the skies are crystal blue.

I will be right here at home today taking care of Lily. Unfortunately, Lily (and I ) had a very difficult night! Very little sleep for both of us. Her medical condition has worsened greatly. It was a "very long night". She is having a terrible time getting her breath/oxygen. And, her respiration's were very labored and rapid. It was terrible and so very sad. And, I felt so helpless and alone. I tried so hard to comfort her and I cried a lot. Because this is the closest I have come to loosing her. I was hoping she could just fall asleep and not suffer. But all her other functions are the same/good. I gave her additional diuretic medication (as previously discussed with the Vet) to maybe help reduce more of the fluid in her chest. Along with the fluid situation, her heart has enlarged so much that her lungs are compromised because of the pressure against them from the big heart. I felt so horrible for her and for the first time I thought she may be suffering. I will definitely call the Vet office tomorrow. I wanted to call last night but with the holiday I decided that there probably wasn't much they could do - - - but comfort me, which they (Dr Ray) has been so fabulous. It amazes me that Lily is so good natured in spite of all that she is going through.

This morning she seems a little better. Her morning medications are helping. In fact she is on the back of the sofa, looking out the window. She still runs, jumps and is very alert, especially this morning. It is so difficult to think of what my life will be without her! She has given me so very much joy in the ten years she has been with me! I am so very grateful. But, I can't let her have another night like the last if I have any control over it.

Yes, it is Turkey Day and this photo was taken two years ago when I prepared the Whole Shebang! I have always loved to cook and hope to prepare a holiday dinner sometime again in the future.
At this time I send you wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving and many more to come.
Stay Safe on this very busy day and especially if you are travelling.

Mary

2 comments:

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009