Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I Am So Excited

I have three Christmas Cactus plants and they are all loaded - and I mean loaded - with buds just waiting to show off their beautiful colors and delicate formations and style.


There is only one window in this house that provides enough daylight to produce flowers on indoor plants. And, I have nurtured these lovelies since last winter. If I remember correctly, the colors are white, red, pink and lavender. One flower pot has three different colors.
I have moved the plants from a bedroom window to the dining room where I can see them throughout the day. If they show discontent I will have to move them back. 


I have not been able to do much inside the house this past year for lots of various reasons. But a little fall decorating is making me feel really good. I may even do a little fall tablescape.

Have you shopped for your Thanksgiving turkey? I have some ideas for you.

There really is a turkey farm that you can special order your desired color. AND, they are organic free range birds. My first thought was that they made me think of Easter - not Thanksgiving.

Stay warm - OK.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. The Christmas cactus I got from my mamma before she passed last year is loaded too, makes me smile and think of her. Have a wonderful day, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry about the loss of your mama. It is difficult every day but I think the holidays are even more challenging. Super great that you have her Christmas cactus. Aren't they fabulous? I enjoy the variety of topics that you share on your blog. Let's be Happy!

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009