Sunday, November 22, 2015

Baby It's Cold Outside

And, the electrical central heat is running continually. So, it is time to turn on the pilot light of the propane fireplace because I believe it is less expensive to heat the house.
And I sure want to keep my Little Snuggle Bug warm enough. She just came in from being outdoors and I haven't taken her little pink hoodie off yet. She went straight to the fireplace. It is such a good and cozy place to be on a cold evening.

Ever since I replaced my wood burning stove about ten years ago I have been so very happy with the propane heat in the wintertime. The house warms up in no time at all. It has a blower and thermostat control which I am very happy about purchasing extra.

I always enjoyed having a fireplace and the smell of the wood burning. But, I do not miss the buying, stacking, carrying of the wood and then the cleaning and disposing of the wood ash. I am happy that I no longer contribute to the threatened air quality. There are still a lot of people that use wood in their fireplaces here in the mountains. I have full understanding because it is less expensive. Installation of the propane line and new fireplace can be costly.

I refinanced my mortgage several years back so I could afford some upgrades of this 1972 built house. It is a very good house, well built, great location and "has good bones" as they used to say! I certainly do not live in a fancy home but it sure is cozy. I am truly blessed to have had the foresight in buying this house 22 years ago. And, most importantly - - - staying put. I have lived in this home longer than any other place. After having to rent and live many places in over twenty years prior I am truly blessed. It certainly was a challenge to save for the down payment but the rewards and return on the money has been unmeasurable!

HOME SWEET HOME - - - Winter 2013

I hope you are staying warm, cozy and dry.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing your precious home from a distance and the setting that it is in! Just wonderful... love all the big trees too. You were so smart to buy all those years ago.. that's what I should have done! The pink hoody is darling on Lily. Stay warm! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appears winter will be here with a vengeance in the next few days. Stay warm and dry my dear friend. And I love Lily's sweats. Too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009