Monday, November 23, 2015

Where Are We Going For Thanksgiving

As you see, we are dressed in our finest!

First Off. I have so very much to be thankful for. Life has many many twists and turns. It is just the nature of what is called LIFE. And, as I live my "sunset years" I work very hard accepting that I am very blessed with so many wonderful life experiences. However, for many of us in the sunset years we are challenged in areas of  health, finances, loss of many loved ones, diminished physical abilities and loneliness. There - I said that word that I try so hard to deny. I am not sure that I will ever understand (with many hours of spiritual guidance and therapy) why so much of my life has been a solitary one. Perhaps, it is the way my life started as a child.

I am comfy in my little home. However, I certainly miss being a part of holiday excitement of food preparations, hustle and bustle of coordinating all the aspects of celebrating, smelling the beautiful aroma of "the turkey in the oven" and gathering together with the thankful hearts of family and/or friends.

Thanksgiving is just a name of one day. But I hope we live each day with a grateful heart and spread "our riches" with others around us. Each day is God given and I plan to live each day with a gleeful heart and maintain a constant awareness of where I may be of benefit to those who are less fortunate.

Let's reach out and share the JOY of the Season whenever and however we are able. Just a HELLO or a SMILE can change someones day. And, it just may put a smile on someones face - who really needed it.

Blessings.

Mary
    And, Lily, too.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Mary,
    You will be in my thoughts this Thanksgiving. I so wish we were closer together so you would be able to join our modest Thanksgiving in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful thoughtfulness. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones. I value our friendship.It so unique and special.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009