Friday, June 15, 2018

A Study In Contrast

A couple days ago I showed you the lovely property of my neighbors directly across the street from the front of my house.  Today I will show you a contrasting view of the property behind my house.  My house sits on a corner lot.  My White Garden is along the property line at the back of my house.
This is the area where most of my gardening efforts take place.  Now let me show you what is behind this garden at the property line. Yes, yes, a big white propane tank that is very bright when the sun shines on it.  This year I did something to distract seeing so vividly the utilitarian object that sits across from my garden.  I did not keep a photo of it from inside my garden prior to my remedy.
However, this will show how bright, large and close to the property line that it sits.

This is what I did. And, it was so easy and not expensive !  I am very happy with the improvement !
 It is only when you look straight on that you may notice the tank.
The property line.
 The area between our houses.
 The neighbors house.
This is further along the fence on the neighbors side.
The Jasmine does a nice job in providing some camouflage.
You can see the Clematis that is cascading over the fence and will be carpeted in white flowers in a month or so.  I never thought in my wildest thoughts that I would ever buy something like this faux covering.  But, it certainly has added to the serenity of my garden.

Now you might ask "what is the neighbor like?".  She is a great neighbor.  She inherited the house from her parents. The house is one of three homes that she owns and she visits one weekend a month.  It has always been a vacation home as long as I have lived here.  It is quite interesting that there are three houses in a row all owned by single women.  I am the only full time resident of the three houses and I have lived here the longest.  And, I am very happy and grateful to live my life in this little corner of the world.

I hope your weekend will be a Wonderful Time.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I have seen those faux ivy coverings in a catalog. What a great idea to hide such an ugly tank.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009