Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Pedicure

Not me, but Ivy !  No bright nail polish, but nicely trimmed nails/claws .
(google image)
 As hard as I tried I have not been able to clip her nails.  Maybe, one or two at a time.  That was all before she would resist.  A few had gotten so long that I began to call them her dangerous weapons !
 (google image)
Not good .  She was starting  to get them caught in the carpet and she may have caused some trauma to one of her dew claws.  So off to the Vet office to get some help.  Yes, she hissed at the beginning and it took two attendants but it was done quickly.  Ivy and I returned home feeling very happy and relieved, especially me !

I am so thrilled that Ivy is getting even more comfortable and very loving.  She is very "tuned in to me" and always pays attention to where I am.  She talks to me and likes to sit by me or nudge me to pet her or roll around on her back and stretch .  A definite sign that she trusts me !  I am so happy that I have her.  She is a special needs cat but I think she has done more for me than I have done for her !  It's a Win - Win Situation.
And, here are the daily flower photos. It is like the daily excitement when I watched for a new Iris to open each day.
It has been a busy day and I was able to get a lot done.  Even, fertilized with Miracle Grow early this morning before it got to hot.  I am hoping to get the car washed tomorrow.  It is so dirty with all the dusty pollen and leaves that I am almost embarrassed to drive it anywhere !

That's it for today.

I hope you are enjoying your week.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Miss Ivy is lucky to have you. I miss having a kitty! The daylilies are beautiful, especially the orange and yellow one. I have never seen such colors on a single flower. Do you know the name? I did a foliar feed of all the plants and lawn using dilute fish emulsion last night. It is wonderful fertilizer, but it does smell awful. I am sure the neighbors don't appreciate the odor one bit. Kind of reminds one of an old pier. I hope the weather has cooled down a bit up your way!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009