Monday, June 4, 2018

Black Flowers In The Garden And More Colors

I never realized how difficult it is to photograph the color black.  But I think I captured the interesting contrast of these petunias with the other flowers accompanying them .
What fun - having something so different and unexpected .
It is quite stunning especially with the interesting textures of the surrounding rocks .
The White Double Peony has put on a nice show this year .  Sorry I didn't get a side view photo of the flower showing the magnificence of the double formation.  It looks like there is a flower on top of another flower. Very large and warrants a second look !

The garden has lovely bright spots of easy to grow Red Valerian  here and there.
The Chives, Oregano, Thyme and Rosemary Herbs are looking great.
Year after year I enjoy planting Parsley in a Strawberry Terracotta Planter.  It looks so decorative sitting near the front door as well as convenient for some quick clipping for garnish or whatever.
 What a Wonderful Surprise .  My relatively new White Amaryllis used as a perennial .  I always thought of Amaryllis as an indoor Christmas flower .  How wrong I was !
 Isn't She Magnificent ?
I like nice little surprises in the garden .   Flowers as well as little creatures.
Twenty four hours later and I could hardly believe how large it has gotten.
Not an easy task taking a photo and holding a measuring tape at the same time!
 On a section of the fence, Honey Suckle is bursting with it's delicate blooms and fragrance .
 The Mock Orange has grown twice it's height since I pruned it last year.
It is beautiful.  I like that it blooms a little later than the first beautiful flush of flowers at the beginning of blooming season in the spring time.
The fence behind the White Garden and outside the living room window is covered with several feet of blooming Star Jasmine .  The fragrance drifts into the house from the open window !
And now, a wider photo perspective of the corner at the entrance to my driveway.  I like it !!!

We are having much hotter weather for a few days and that requires more time watering the garden.  Summer is with us.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful garden!!!!

    I have never found black flowers, although they are lovely. For me, I can't seem to photograph white flowers. For my little camera, they just "blank-out." -sigh-

    Happy to meet you! Btw, I came across your comment in Dear Cielo's lovely blog.

    I love your Little Old Lady description. I am the same, although truthfully, I'm not as "little," as I once was. And I am 81, to your 78. So you are a Youngin'!!!! ,-)

    Very happy to be still "bopping along" and all. Not nearly as fast as I once was. But at this time, the still "bopping along," is wonderful. :-)

    A 'Nana' in the upper NE of the US

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009