Tuesday, June 12, 2018

When The Trees Are Bare

It was while I was taking a little walk through my weather beaten garden a couple months ago that I noticed the house across the street and took a photo.  And, thought I would like to share it with you .

Very seldom can I see my neighbor's lovely home across the street from me because of all the heavy foliage/growth on the many large and old trees that surround their two story plus basement house most of the year.
 
The house rests at the hilltop between two different streets.  The owners have been living in the foothills for many long years .  About 12 years ago they bought the lot which is atypical in shape and small in size . They designed and built the house with two different driveways, one on each side of the house leading to a different street on each side.  They are wonderful neighbors, always willing to help me if I need assistance.  I don't often ask, but it is nice to know that I can . And, I have the opportunity to visit them any time I desire.
It was very intriguing to watch from my viewpoint (across the street) as the land was prepared with the use of large dirt mover equipment, especially the driveway. 
The workers were a father - son team and they worked in tandem like a finely choreographed ballet. Very dangerous work but executed with perfection.

Their home is beautiful and was built with the utmost quality.  In particular, the woodwork throughout is fabulous, especially the stairway .  The ceilings are high and there are beautiful tall built-in bookshelves .  There are so many things about the house that I really like .  The stairway to the upstairs takes you to a large loft area that can be used in so many different ways.  And, the floor plan is very unique and very livable. The pantry is a favorite of mine .  And. the view of the area from up there is great.  You can almost see Main Street two short blocks away !

It is really nice having them as neighbors.  They are not the least bit pretentious in their manner which is something that one might expect.  And, the property value certainly can't hurt our neighborhood .

This is how the view from my house looks most of the time.  The trees are lovely.
A nicely secluded residence for them most of the year .  And, nice neighbors as a bonus for me !
It almost looks like a park from my house !  I am grateful for the nice view !

I hope your week is Going Well.

Mary

4 comments:

  1. How lovely to have such neighbors! Having a beautiful home, and still being "down to earth." You are lucky.

    And the view from your house, is certainly wonderful.

    I'm wondering? Are you looking at your blog comments? Because I left a comment on your last post, and it still has not been Published. I really don't think I was offensive, but wonder if I was? And that is why you have not Published it.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry. I have been having some difficulty with "comments". Hope I have it is fixed. Thanks for your lovely comments.

      Delete
    2. So sorry about the difficulty.

      Sometimes blogging can be 'trying.' But it's so much fun, that we carry on. :-)

      Delete
  2. Your neighbors sound like the ideal neighbors-quiet and trustworthy with a well maintained home and yard. I sometimes miss having old trees around with all the green leaves and birds.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009