Friday, June 8, 2018

Perfect - - - Hard Boiled Eggs

It is not often that something new (to me) comes along that gets me excited in the kitchen gadget department.  But, for some reason, following many years of preparing beautifully cooked hard boiled eggs for Deviled Eggs or adding to other ingredients, I have been having difficulty getting the "perfect hard boiled " egg that I can easily peel without all kinds of problems with the shell not coming off smoothly.

Ta-daw!  New found success.
And, this is what helped me to succeed with quick preparation of perfect hard boiled eggs.
So simple and so fast.
I am at the age where I don't usually get tempted to order a new gadget but my frustration pushed me to try the Negg.  If you are looking for an easy way to shell hard boiled egg, you might like to give this a try .
Today, the most recent world news of another suicide is so disheartening.  I don't think that I ever thought that I would see the day when life would become so horrendously difficult for so many people that this action would become a not unusual chosen method of relief. It is such a tragedy !

And, on a personal level I have a long story I could tell of my own life long experience of depression since childhood.  The severity of my illness (suicidal ideation) is what preceded my admission to a Psychiatric Hospital for four weeks in 1973 at a time when issues of mental illness were spoken only in hushed tones . It was very difficult to be a patient with two small children involved in this disease entity .  Especially with a totally disengaged family.  It was my friends from work that provided me with support and meals for the first few weeks when I returned home .  It was 6 months before I could return to work as a registered nurse. I have lived my entire life with this challenge, working very hard with receiving various treatments (lots of therapy and periodic pharmaceuticals) and educating myself in a way that provided "Power with Knowledge".  Finding your authentic self is arriving closer to Nirvana.  I am so happy to say that at this time, my life is happier than I can ever remember.

Yes, I surprised myself by putting "pen to paper" on this personal and emotionally charged subject in my life.

I wish tremendous Good Will to each and everyone of you !  And, please do not give up if you are feeling near unbearable heavy burdens with life.  Just Ask - There is Help!

Mary

3 comments:

  1. I applaud your being willing to share, these hard times. I have had them myself. Back when it was not so 'open,' to have to doctor, for such. But like you, I always did "doctor." And thankfully, after many meds and personal changes, I am so much more content. Hugs to you...

    And it s so sad, for someone who would seem to have a great life going, to become so 'down,' that ending life, is preferable to going on. Yes, wishing the best, to all who struggle with such an illness.

    Cute little kitchen gadget!

    What I do is, crack the shell, take a bit off the 'wider' end, and then remove the rest, with a soup spoon, slipped under the cracked shell. Before learning this trick, I used to always struggle. :-)

    Happy Saturday to you,
    A 'Nana'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Mary, I just spend a few lovely minutes catching up on your blog posts. Steve and I went back east for a week-Western MA to do some family research and then down to Charleston for some additional fun. We had a great time. As always-your gardens are so pretty and well tended. I will be spending the next few hours picking up leaves, deadheading flowers, sweeping porches, weeding, and harvesting carrots, beets, turnips, spinach, lettuce, and peas from the garden. The lavender has exploded while we were gone! And I have 10 ripe blueberries on the bush to wash and put in the freezer. Thank you for sharing your story about your progress to happiness and your current state. I think it will provide some help and hope to others. Give Miss Ivy some love for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, you are a survivor, despite the odds against you, and I admire you greatly for you will and tenacity to keep moving forward.... Your example is one that surely can be of help to others.
    Hard boiled eggs - I have a love/hate relationship with them! Lol. When I really need the shell to cooperate for a beautiful display say at a family function or the the likes, they never do! But when I'm home and making them just because, well.... then is when each and every eggshell decides to cooperate just beautifully!! :D
    Hugs to you - hope you're having a wonderful weekend!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009