Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Neighborhood Visitors

Our area has been having more visitors of the wildlife kind more frequently than anytime in the past.
It was just last week when I was talking to a neighbor who lives on the next street over and she mentioned that a couple bears had been in their yard the night prior.

And, recently on two different occasions, I have noticed the trash barrel in my next door neighbors yard has been turned over and lots of what appears to be white paper spilled out nearby . The home is a vacation home and they are frequently here since their main residence is only about two hours away.  They are the neighbors that live on the other side and are very meticulous about their home and garden maintenance. So, I really doubt that there are any food scraps in the barrels. But, the bears are really hungry and they probably smell food from the barrels.

The fact that my property is fully fenced seems to help keep the bears as well as the deer out.  The prize (trash) with the least resistance is probably the more desirable target area.

The forest lands further up the hill have been severely clear cut and that causes the bears to migrate down to forge for food.

The Rose Of Sharon is starting to bloom.
The Rebecca At The Well fountain sounds nice and cooling !
I hope your week is Going Well.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen a bear (outside of the zoo) and I would probably faint if I ever did! I had hoped to see one (from the safety of the locked car or the hotel) when we were in Yellowstone a few years ago, but no such luck. Be careful dear friend Mary! PS-I will never whine about our ground squirrel problem to you after reading that you might have bears visiting your gardens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny, Anita. The photo is of a bear in the area. It is necessary to be careful when driving because they get hit when crossing the road. And, as you know they can be very destructive if they get inside a dwelling like a shed, garage or house - heaven forbid !

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009