Monday, December 28, 2015

Really Nice Day

Myspace Comments
It was such a nice sunny day on Sunday and I walked across the street to church in the morning. The church was decorated with lots of poinsettia plants and other Christmas decorations which I had not seen because I did not go to Christmas Eve services because it was starting to snow. It was so wonderful to be welcomed by so many people. I have certainly been surprised at the beautiful attention I have been receiving after not attending for almost a year. It is almost overwhelming.

For some reason I just felt like I wanted to go out to eat at a restaurant after services.  I went home to check on Lily and then decided to go to Murphys Historic Hotel at the end of my street on Main Street. I asked for a table for one and while I was waiting a church friend saw me and said there was a group from church in the side room and I should go in there. There were about ten church friends sitting at a long table in the banquet room. It was so nice to be welcomed by all. And, I really enjoyed the nice surprise of joining wonderful people for Sunday Brunch. And, when I asked for my bill the waitress said that it had already been paid. It was one of my church friends. How Wonderful and oh, so kind!

The remainder of the day I was at home enjoying a restful afternoon and feeling thankful for my many blessings.

I hope you are enjoying your Holidays,

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful and lovely for you! Sounds like a really nice day, indeed! We've been away from church for a while also, and I'd really like to back ourselves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! Love how your trip alone ended surrounded by church friends. When I read your post, I can almost see the beauty of your where you live. How wonderful.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009