Friday, December 4, 2015

Flashback Red And White

This was a little something different a couple years ago. It was pretty and certainly was easy to decorate. However, for me, it felt a little bit commercial. But it really looked nice with the color scheme of the room. The stripe behind the tree that divides the dining room and living room is painted red.
And, there are painted red stripes at the fireplace surround. So, in a way the tree looked quite stunning. I did a lot more decorating after the tree was finished.
When I bought my house the fireplace brick was the raw red brick that was used extensively in the 1970's. When I was able to get the new propane stove/fireplace I painted the brick using a three step process that gave a nice faux shading.

I still haven't decided on this years tree. Maybe, the white tree with different decorations?

And, this was the top decoration for one of my other trees in the past. It has a  lovely Lladro Porcelain angel holding a music scroll. Very delicate!
I really enjoy decorating for the holidays. I guess you can tell.

Unfortunately, my doggy, Lily did not have a very good day. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

The highlight of my day was having a nice long telephone conversation with my granddaughter. I may be going to their home for Christmas. If not then, for sure in the near future. At this time, my Lily is my top priority. Given her medical condition, it would not be smart to take her on a trip! My heart breaks a little more each day as Lily gets closer and closer "To The Rainbow".

(2012)
Prayers for the community of the Southern California tragedy.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I have a lump in my throat for your precious Lily..... Right from the beginning these babies steal our heart, and as much as we are their whole world, they also become ours. Praying for you both, and wishing you the opportunity to enjoy a sweet and memorable Christmas both with Lily and your Granddaughter! I have a feeling that whatever tree you decide to decorate, it will be elegant and very beautiful. :) Love the little glimpses of your very tastefully done decor!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009