Tuesday, December 22, 2015

When You Live Alone


Some times it is necessary to hire some "outside help". At this busy time of year you may have to settle for less than your first choice. However, I have found that on occasion, the training of the alternative help can be quite impressive! Now, don't ask me what I am smokin' or drinkin'. I would just like a cup of coffee please, preferably Caramel Machiato!
Just thought this was kinda cute, especially on this chilly morning that we are having. I sure hope the "outside help" remembers the cream! And, I would like mine in the holiday mug!

It is always nice to have a cup of coffee ready when a new magazine comes in the mail. This is the only magazine subscription that I have. And, it is special because My Special Man would always make sure that he was current on my subscription. It looks like there is one more issue yet to come on the subscription.
Frequently, we would watch together Americas Test Kitchen show on Saturdays PBS TV. It seemed like I always learned something that was new to me.
This coming year I hope to do more cooking and try some new recipes. I have always enjoyed cooking (for the most part) but it was a lot of fun to cook for someone else. It is just different. Especially, since I never felt like I had to cook unless I wanted to. Such a gift!

I imagine there is a lot of cooking going on about now in preparation for The Big Day. I am doing something different this year that I have not done in the past. Our local community club serves a free Christmas dinner every year at the Native Son's Hall. And, they will also deliver! In the past on one occasion I have gone to the dinner and it was extremely good and enjoyable with lots of people. I went alone (short walk from my house) and sat with people that I knew. However, everyone is very friendly. They have Santa Claus, Christmas Caroling and "the whole works".

Well, this year it is very cold here by California standards and the forecast is predicting snow fall at my elevation of 2000 feet. So, I have ordered a dinner to be delivered to me here at home where I will be nice and warm and cozy. I do not feel the least bit deprived and I am sure it will be a nice little treat with all the yummy flavors - - - and no kitchen mess to attend to. Lily and I may just find that a little nap may be in order afterwards.

I am feeling tremendous Gratitude for Feeling So Good.

Blessings.

Mary

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a good plan in place for the holidays. Stay warm and dry during the next storm. We will be thinking of you down here in soggy San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think staying cozy and having a meal delivered would be a nice treat! I'm loving your blog with the little sweet short stories. I'm adding your blog to my morning reading list.
    Have a Merry Christmas from a new friend in North Carolina.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Lisa, How kind of you to leave such a nice comment. Happy holidays to you and yours in North Carolina.

      Delete
  3. I'll bet your Christmas dinner was warm, filling and very tasty! Sometimes a little variation like that is a welcome change. Your coffee mugs are just adorable! Hope your "help" made your Caramel Maachiato just perfect for you! Lol!! A couple of weeks ago, I passed by the rather large display of magazines at our local family run grocery store, and decided to browse through a few of the many choices they had to pick from. I liked one so well (Country Sampler), that I decided to go home and order myself a year's subscription! I haven't had a magazine subscription in years, so I'm kind of excited to receive my first issue and have something fun to look forward to every other month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It almost seems like magazine subscriptions are something of the past. Yes, there is always a little excitement for me with a new magazine. Call it "old school" or whatever, it will always be fun for me. Limiting the number of subscriptions ensures that we are more likely to get them read instead of in a stack to get to. I think the main reason that I no longer have several magazines coming in the main is simply - the expense, even with the discounts. But, lets enjoy our magazines!

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009