Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I Did It Again And A Little Floral Beauty

Yep, the crockpot is filled with my good standby Polish Sausage Stew which is so easy, fast, yummy and good for me with all that sauerkraut. 
And, I always try to remember to add some caraway seeds and a few slices of an apple. The original recipe doesn't call for it but I like the added flavor.
If you toast the caraway seed carefully for a few seconds it gives the Stew additional flavor.
This is a Honey Crisp apple that is a good eating apple, so I will put it in the crockpot near the end of cooking so that it doesn't get to soft. Just a little crunch is nice. And, of course Granny Smith is always a great choice for cooking apples. At the end of the crockpot cooking Monterey Jack cheese will be mixed in and some more can be added as a garnish at the table.
This is just before I put the lid on to start cooking. It is 10 AM and it will bring a nice aroma of home cooking to the house.

AND NOW, YOU KNOW HOW I RECEIVE GREAT JOY FROM MY FLOWERS!


All three of my Christmas Cactus plants are blooming nicely. This cactus is more apricot than red. LOVELY! It has been only a few years that I have had Christmas Cactus in my home and now I can't imagine not having them.

Additionally, I am awaiting the open blooms of an Amaryllis plant. Photos will be coming, of course.

Take time to Smell The Flowers, especially Roses and Paperwhite Narcissus.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm! I love Polish Sausage, and your stew is making my mouth water. It looks delicious, and I'll bet it tastes incredible, too! I've never added toasted caraway seed, Monterey Jack cheese or an apple, but I should consider that for a future time when I make some for our family. Your Christmas Cactus flowers look splendid! I have a round cactus of sorts that bloomed once shortly after a friend gave it to me, but never since. Is there a special way to grow and feed cacti? I'd love to see blooms on my cactus again!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009