Sunday, December 20, 2015

Went To See A Storyteller

Have you ever gone to a program that was presented by Professional Storytellers? Oh, you must, if you ever have the opportunity.
It was a few years ago that I first attended such a program. There were several renowned presenters from far and near. Prior to that experience, I did not realize there were Professional Storytellers. Was I ever surprised with the talent of those individuals!

Even though I live in a small mountain community, we are blessed to have a lot of Creative Arts activities that take place all year long. "There's a lot of talent in them thar hills." There is always  something to do whether it be theater, art galleries, featured artist showing, pottery exhibits where pottery is being made, musicals, poetry telling/readings, dance and many more. I think you get the idea.

Well, this past week I decided that it is time for me to get more involved with the life around me. So, yesterday I jumped in my car and went to hear the storyteller. This was a one person show and the presenter is well known in this community. She also attends the same church where I am a member. She is extremely talented and I have heard her numerous times. It fascinates me how the tone of voice, animations and facial expressions can make a simple story become mesmerizing. What a talent.

I saw several people that I know and it was great to get out and do something I enjoy. It was such a busy day. First, I went to the post office, then dropped off my checks at the water district office and sanitary district office. Then down the road a spell, I went to Starbucks because I had run out of coffee at home. They were out of my favorite Caramel Macchiato latte, so I had a Pumpkin Spice latte along with a little piece of coffee cake. Yum-yum! Let me tell you, it is a rare event these days for me to go to Starbucks. But, it was so nice to sit at the window and read my newspaper among a little hustle-bustle. Next on the to-do-list was the pet and farm store to get Lily's food. Since she was diagnosed with her heart condition, she has been on a special food (very healthy and nutritious) that is not sold at my grocery store. On my way back I stopped to grocery shop. I kid you not, every time I buy groceries I am sure the prices are higher than the last time.

I had enough time to take my groceries home and then I was off to see (not the wizard) but the Storyteller. It was a Very Good Day.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009