Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Weather Is Frightful

Well, Not Quite. I am in California! However, this morning the thermometer on the outside of the dining room window was in the mid 20's! I know - - - but that is cold for this location and that is the coldest I remember seeing the temperature at my little cozy abode here in the foothills.
I have to say that when it is this chilly, I just do not have very much motivation to do much. But, perhaps it is just "the end of year slows".  Is there such a thing?

The ski resorts up the hill approximately 25 miles north-east from here are certainly providing a lot of fun and excitement for the skiers and all the other snow lovers that have been waiting literally years for some of that good "white stuff".
This photo of Bear Valley was taken a few weeks ago which means that there is a lot more snow at this time.

I must mention how sad I feel for the people across the world that are experiencing treacherous weather conditions. According to what I see on TV it looks horrific with terrible floods and excessive snow. Prayers for safety and comfort.

Hope you are staying Warm.

Mary 

1 comment:

  1. Staying warm here! Our recent snow has nearly melted with a slight warm up in temps, but cold weather is predicted from here on out in the northeast!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009