Saturday, December 12, 2015

Have You Seen My "Get Up And Go"

If you do, please send it back home where it belongs! My mood is good. But, I think it is tired.

I never know when Lily is going to have a challenging day. In fact, Thursday was so bad that I thought it was to be her last and I would have to make THAT painful decision. Then yesterday she was alert and happy and did not demonstrate ANY respiratory distress. She was running around like a teenager, even throwing her toys in the air. Oh, it was a lovely day! She slept good last night and today, so far so good.

The weather is bright but the frost is nipping in the garden. Another rainstorm is expected tonight and the snow level is getting lower with each storm. But, I doubt that it will reach this level at 2000 foot elevation for quite a while if at all this year. But, it could happen.

One of the reasons I chose to live in this little town here in the Sierra Foothills is that seldom does it snow in my backyard and I never have picked up a snow shovel.  On the rare occasions that is does snow it is like living in a fairy tale with lots of pixie dust floating here and there. Only one time has the berm of snow prevented me from getting my car out of the driveway and that was most likely in 2012 or 2013.
Alright now, with each passing day it becomes more unlikely that I am going to be going into the cold garage and wrestle with boxes of Christmas decorations and a tree. I am enjoying what little decorations I have put out and I am just so thankful for the many blessing that I have received. This is the time of year that My Special Friend was so very ill with cancer and subsequently passed on December 30 last year. Maybe, Lily is waiting to join him on that day??? They adored each other! Sleepy Heads!

A couple months before My Special Man passed I also lost My Closest Dear Girlfriend (of more than 10 years) who was battling  breast cancer and I miss her so very much. 
My Dear Friend with her daughter.

If you are interested in my one and only experience of getting stuck in the snow and a little about my dear friend, check out my post at Walking Beside Me and the next post. It has two parts.

When I speak of blessings received, one of the greatest occurred during this past week when I met with a couple (husband-retired pastor and wife) to discuss some unfinished business that was troubling me about some unsavory events and accusations that took place around the death and final activities of My Special Man. God was with us!!! Many of my concerns and emotional pain was talked about and I gained some wisdom that I was seeking. AND, all of the "garbage" that was swirling and swirling around in my head that wouldn't stop - has now vanished! I feel so very refreshed!

Have you found that sometimes when you start writing a post to blog, it takes you to places you could never imagined for that day. Thank you for joining me in this journey of the recent life events that fill another chapter of my life.

Love One Another.

Mary 

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you've finally found peace of mind, wisdom and a feeling of refreshment from all that you've gained! I've certainly been enjoying sharing your life's journeys since visiting your blog.... Blessings to you dear Mary!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009