Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Table Is Set

And, I had a lot of fun! I did not spend a lot of time unpacking boxes but chose to keep it simple with items that I was able to locate easily. I did not even have to go to the store for anything. The red chargers are from the Dollar Store, white plates I have had for many years and the salad plates are Royal Stafford - Christmas Home - from Ebay.
The sterling silver flatware is the "Damask Rose" pattern that I chose at the time of getting married in 1959. It is Heirloom Oneida Sterling Silver 1946.  I only have a couple place settings but it is nice to see it on my table.
This little nativity is Lenox Divine Light Holy Family which I purchased after Christmas last year. There are little battery lights in the bottoms. I like the simplicity as well as the fine detail of the porcelain. And, it fits nicely on my small table as a centerpiece.
The napkins are from years past, the bow ties which I made into napkin rings are from the dollar store. I placed them in thrift store Pier 1 imports small bowls, Poppies.
Now, I am using votive candles for the first time that I bought in England in 1999. I was taken to Prices Candle Company in London. I was told that Prices supplies all the candles for the Royal Family. I had never seen so many candles in one place in life. Beautiful! These candles are scented spice cinnamon. I thought it is about time that I use them!!! So nice.
The red glasses are a thrift store find. Below, do you see the black bauble hanging from the red wine glass? It is a knitting marker that I made years ago and gave as gifts.  I think it ties in nicely with the black on the plates and napkin rings.
The lovely heirloom fine crystal which you can see on the far right are from My Special Man.

I hope you had an enjoyable time joining me in this little creative activity that brought joy to me. It looks like I am ready for my Christmas Day dinner.
Blessings To All.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. WOW. I love it all. I really do like how the bows look with the place setting. It all looks so festive and nice. I love to find things at the thrift store and bring new life to them.

    Merry Christmas
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comment. Like I said, it was a lot of fun and so easy and fast to put together. Taking the photos took more time than creating the table setting. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty table setting, Mary! I really like how many small things you put together make such a lovely whole. I love poppies, and have them as accents in my kitchen, so I really admire your poppy bowls. What a lucky find! I, too, like the simplicity of your porcelain nativity set. Your choice of the pine branches, cones and silver accents look just beautiful! I do believe the spice cinnamon "royal" candle must smell amazingly like Christmas time! Hope Christmas day found you in peaceful contentment and happiness!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009