Thursday, December 3, 2015

Some Kitchen Bling And A Holiday Decision

How is this for a dish washing soap carafe?
Thrift store finds are so much fun. I found this quite a long time ago for almost nothing! Now that's cheap!
I received the missing decals and finished applying the fleur delis decals on my mixer.

Just a couple little simple changes on the kitchen counter that help me smile.

I'm trying to decide how much if any Christmas decorations I want to decorate the house with. I am trying to keep the electricity bill as low as possible so I do not plan on a lot of outdoor Christmas lighting. And, since I do not have any expected guests visiting I may only put up a tree. I have three different realistic looking trees to choose from. Two are pre-lit, one green and one white. And, a third one which I have had for a long time and is my favorite but it in not pre-lit and I would have to string the lights and it is a big job.
This is a photo of my favorite Christmas tree from recent years.
It was decorated with pink, white, gold and silver decorations. Ornament I have collected during my limited travels and through the years. And, many of them are quite delicate and feminine. I like that this tree has frosted needles and little attached pine cones - but it is NOT pre-lit. I will have to decide pretty soon or it won't be an issue because it will be to late and the holiday will have past.

Update on Lily is about the same. Some days are better than others.

My prayers go out to ALL that are impacted by the recent Shootings/Killings in Southern California.

Wishing you a Peaceful Day.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Your thrift store find is simply darling for holding dish soap. I've never seen that idea before! It matches so beautifully with your perfectly amazing backsplash!! And the sunflower decals on your mixer....brilliant! I have them on my flour and sugar canisters, but never thought about decorating up my stand mixer. You're giving me too many ideas, Mary!! Lol! Always nice to have things here and there throughout the house that make you smile..... Currently, my newly painted and decorated bathroom is like that. I'll have to do a post about it soon. As for your Christmas tree dilemma ~ yes, your favorite tree is quite a beauty, with all it's dainty and delicate decorations, but I can understand how hard it is for you to string lights by yourself. I saw pictures of your white tree, which took me right back to childhood memories of my maternal grandmother's tree, which was only ever white! I always thought it was pretty in a unique way, but I've always loved the way the lights twinkle prettily against the needles of a green Christmas tree more. I truly hope Lily's good days outweigh the bad ones! Yes, prayers for comfort, healing and peace regarding the terrible situation in California...:(

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009